Translate

May 17, 2010

Tattoo, dragons

For our trip in January I bought 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.  It took me all the way through the time there, and I left it in Germany, my niece likes reading books in English, and Nicole didn't seem interested.  When I got home I started to look for the second book by Stieg Larsson, 'The Girl who Played with Fire'.  Couldn't find it, and was too lazy to order it on Amazon.
I found it last week in Cost.co, and bought it.  I am so hooked!  It's so interesting, like the first one, the writing is compelling, really a very exciting book.  What I also discovered reading this one, is that the third book isn't even out in English yet.  Hardcover to be released this year.  Hmm.  And I could have bought it in German.  Oh, well.

I can't even share this one, because (I think) you need to read the first one before going on to number two.

Anyway, if you like to read, these books have it all, the who-done-it, character study, somewhat love stories, but love stories more like they happen in real life, with missed opportunities, rather than straight on love stories.
Only real downer:  the author died after delivering these three books, so there will not be any more for devoted readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment