Translate

May 29, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

It's early.  It's very early.  I went to bed at 9 PM last night.  And I want to go for my walk before I head out to meet the rest of the gang.  We'll be heading out to Shelter Island this morning, it's just easier than fighting traffic Friday night.
Weather should be nice.
Last night I admired these in my garden:

The deer leave them alone.  A deer came along and munched on my newly planted, beautifully blooming rose.  And ate all the blossoms, like I set out a salad.  Grrrrrr

Really and totally annoying.
I love the foxgloves (digitalis).  And yes, I know they are poisonous.  But so are tomatoes!  Did you know that?  The plant part of a tomato is poisonous.




This year the colors of these are amazing.  They self-seed, so I don't do a thing anymore.
I'm grateful the deer leave the peonies alone.

I'm off, a cup of coffee, my walk, throw things in the car, and I'm gone.
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm back again, hopefully more now...
    Love the new Gate House header on here, they fascinate me. And love that the deer won't eat something...I'll need to plant some if I ever get in a house again. We also have Antelope that love to eat everything out here. You're are so pretty and I love that they reseed.

    Hope you had a fun day with the gang. I'll be meeting mine tomorrow. A sad time but a good one too cause we always go have lunch in the old hangout. I'll post about it...

    Take care and keep sharing. OH, just want you to know the great bag you made has been with me on my many trips back and forth lately..I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete