Translate

December 19, 2010

The bus to the City

We - my friend and I - took the bus to NYC today.  Got off at Port Authority and met another friend right outside the Jackie Gleason statue.
Would you believe I  brought my camera, and forgot the memory card?  Yes, I did.  Don't worry, the day was saved.  No, I didn't buy the extra memory card on Times Square in the only camera store left there, that wanted $39.99 for a 1 gigabyte memory card!  Can we all say 'rip-off'?

My friend brought her camera, and generously let me use it.  And I did.  I will upload the photos tomorrow, or maybe the day after, we seem to be having technical difficulties...

What did we do in the city, you ask?
We had lunch. Immediately.    And then made our way through the crowds to Times Square, then up to St. Patrick's Cathedral, even though the one friend is Jewish, which she kept pointing out, but it was her idea to visit the cathedral.  And yes, she could light a candle, and say a prayer.  And no, she couldn't put $20 in and take out change out of the collection plate - she asked, I swear!

We admired the windows at Bergdorf-Goodman and at Saks on 5th.  We saw the tree, but didn't bother to get close, it was just too crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment