Translate

September 23, 2010

Harvest Moon

It was still dark when I left the house to go on my walk.  The moon was hidden behind some trees, and I checked to see, since the light was so brilliant, that I thought about going back and getting my camera.  Then, when I saw it, it was big, but the lit up area around it was huge. 
I saw a fawn as a silhouette against the still dark sky.  It watched me for a while, then raised it's white tail and ducked down the embankment.  I peeked over it, and there was the mom with her three fawns making sure I stayed up on the road. 
When I got to the pond, the moon was totally romantic and captivating.  It was warm, and there were a few people already there.  The younger man who always walks, the one woman with the black dog, the car of the older people was there, and the one older dog walker was making his way around.  The man with the 'smiling' dog was just leaving. 

The white dots are the lamps, still on this early in the morning.  There is a paved walkway all the way around the pond, one of the reasons it's so popular. 
I tried to hustle back up the hill to catch the moon just as it disappears, but the moon was faster and already gone.
This is my meditation, my solitude, something I look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Ups, I think, it wanted to get an comment for the other report ;-)

    Now ist runs here too.

    What a wunderful picture!
    You know everyone to come along. That's good.
    I wanted to get some pictures with the moon, but they are not good.

    I wave from Germany over the great and deep see

    ReplyDelete