Translate

December 13, 2009

Third Advent Sunday

Still home sick.  Not feeling all that much better.  But I had enough energy to bake some cookies, clean my bedroom, and take a shower.

I watched Jackson last night.  He is a funny little guy.  As I was changing his diaper while he was standing up, he peed.  And thought it was funny.  We ended up watching Sesame Street at 10 PM last night.

I called my parents-in-law in RI this week, my father-in-law, who will be 93 next month, had a health scare.  After assuring me that he was all better, we talked about politics a little, he loves that.  And we are at total opposites of the political spectrum.  My mother-in-law, who had a severe brain injury from a fall, and has hardly any short-term memory left, but remembers things from the past, asked me a question no one has asked for years.  I'm living in my house by myself now for 7 years now, I think.
She asked me 'Do you ever get lonely?'
She was the first one in all those years, and if I think of the 30 years before that I've been alone, it's been a long time.
I was so surprised by that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment