Translate

December 15, 2009

Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and Chinese New Year

My oldest grandchildren's school had a holiday concert today.  And of course I had to go.  First were the fourth graders, who were playing instruments.  Good job!
Then the Kindergarteners -   lovely songs.  then the first and second graders, and after that the rest of the school.  Yes, they sang all the holidays.  Since it's the middle of Hanukkah, of course there were Hanukkah songs, as well as Kwanzaa and Christmas songs.  No, no Chinese New Year, but the children have Mandarin lessons in that township from first grade all the way through high school, I think. So a song in half Mandarin and half English had to be part of the Holiday concert.

I am feeling better.  I went to the doctor yesterday and got a prescription for an inhaler (new policy, I'm told), and was pronounced fit to keep on living. 

All right - gotta go - back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment