Translate

November 12, 2009

Friends

Someone died yesterday.  Someone I knew only very little.  We got to meet her briefly when we made them a wedding celebration a few years back.  She was married to a college friend of my daughter and her husband.  She is from South America, was all alone here in the States, from what I know was studying to be a nurse, and then she came down with leukemia.  She actually found a bone marrow donor, got the transplant, it didn't take, and she died of complications.  I also heard that her mother made it to the States for the transplant, but I don't know if she's still here.  So terribly sad. 

And why mention it?  Because she was someone I knew, very randomly, but she deserves to be remembered.  Very beautiful, and her husband loved her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment