Translate

November 19, 2009

China, Japan

My son called me today.  On the way home from the airport, after having spent a few days in Japan and China.  He cracked me up - he told me, he wanted to thank me.  What for, I asked?  For teaching me how to eat with chop sticks.  Funny.  Yes, I did.  After I saw some friends of mine eat with chopsticks in a chinese Restaurant, I decided I wanted to learn myself.  And the kids should know how.  So we made it a game, and all three learned to eat with chopsticks.
Never did it occur to me that it would come in handy visiting another country, it's just one of those skills you learn and then forget about.
He also told me that some of the guys he was with didn't know how and had a hard time.

He liked Japan, but liked China a lot.  He was only in Beijing, but marveled at how big that city was, and not as 'tall' as NYC, and how beautiful.  Hm, I don't think I ever heard anyone talk about China as being beautiful.

Hopefully him and his family will be able to come to NJ tomorrow as planned.  It would be lovely to have them visit this close to Thanksgiving, since we know he has to work on the holiday.

Also, I skyped with my little brother today, he will be flying in the Sunday after Thanksgiving, to spend a couple of days in NYC on business.  I will pick him up at the airport, he will spend the night with me, and I get to see him, even if it's for a few hours, yeah!

My back still hurts, my son-in-law thinks it's my trapezius muscle.  Yup, I think he's right.  I'm doing all the exercises to loosen the muscle I can find.

My daughter found a place to get the N1H1 vaccine for her kids.  only 2 - 9 year-olds were vaccinated, and she said her two cried so hard, they set of the kids in line behind them.  Well, that's good, we won't have to worry about them.

So, work day is almost over ----

No comments:

Post a Comment