Translate

August 26, 2011

Irene --- our expected hurricane

Life is normal for us so far.  It's Friday, he already went to work, I will go as soon as I share my thoughts and a recipe here.
Someone asked for the chicken pot pie recipe, and here it is.  We use P.ilsbury pie crust, ready made, it can't be beat.

1/3 cup butter or chicken fat
1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken or turkey broth
2/3 cup milk (we used cream)
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots (we used peas only - just because)

Heat butter over low heat until melted, blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mix is mooth and bubbly, remove from heat.
Stir in broth and milk (we used extra liquid, since we like it moist).  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Stir in chicken and frozen vegetables, reserve.
This is where I filled the ready-made pie crust.  If you need a recipe for pie crust, drop me a note!
Oh, and Bake at 425 F oven until crust is brown.  Oh, and you know about putting a top on the filling and fluting it?  Yes?  You're all set!  Oh, and if you have someone creative in your life, hand them the pie before putting it in the oven, and ask them to make the vent holes.  See what may happen?

Bon Appetite!

Forgot to talk about Irene.  So far - ho hum, we'll see what happens.  We're supposed to have the garage sale tomorrow, it depends on when the hurricane hits, before we make up our minds, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot! I can comment today...stupid blogger stuff anyway. So glad you're ho humming Irene. I wondered. And I tried to comment on the last post....I was going to say I love the face, looks familiar:) Oh, and I was going to ask what changes are taking place in your house but nevermind... You answered it here:) So I'll just say good luck with the yard sale, I'm glad I got the package I got from you a few months ago :) and I'm so excited for all the awesome changes in your life. Enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passt gut auf Euch auf, falls Ihr Irene trefft!

    ReplyDelete