Translate

November 3, 2010

changes

It is starting to be cold.  This morning was the first frost on the car windows.
I had bought a new fleece jacket when I was going to the Finger Lakes.  It was warm, black, and had white fuzzy cuffs and collar.  The white fuzzy cuffs didn't stay white very long.  And they didn't wash white again, either.  It is dirty at work, dust and grime flying through the air, and things get grimy.
It irritated me.  I don't like looking like I don't care about my clothes.  I don't mind getting dirty, but then I want it to come clean, and I want to start my day clean.
So I decided to just cut the fuzzy white cuffs and collar off, and replace them with some other fleece material I have.  The cuffs are done, and I'm happy.  I'm working on the collar.  And I'm wondering what designer thought it'd be a good idea to put long, fuzzy, white cuffs on a black jacket.  (And who is the nut buying it?!)

Good thing I know how to get out of those kinds of jams.

1 comment:

  1. Es ist echt blöd, so dunkle Sachen mit einem weißen Kragen zu versehen. Kann man doch gar nicht zusammen waschen.
    Du als Näherin, für dich ist das ja kein Problem. Für dich ist das mehr ein Vergnügen, kann ich mir denken.
    hihi, nun hätte ich doch in Englisch schreiben können.
    Hier mussten sie vor 2 Wochen schon die Scheiben freikratzen.
    Aber zur Zeit ist es komisch warm. Heute morgen hatten wir 15 Grad +.
    Ganz eigenartig, dabei ist es sehr windig und es regnet. Morgen erwarten wir sogar 17 Grad. Also doch typisches Novemberwetter. Ab Sonntag soll es kühler werden.
    Viele liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete