Translate

September 16, 2009

smile

Yes, I got the smile from Jessica. She was very happy when I picked her up, and said she only cried a little. For a second. When she had to go on the bus.

She practiced her bike, and can make a small circle on it, both ways, to the left and to the right. After she mastered that, she wanted to know if she could learn something else on the bike. She still wobbles along, and scares me, but she is confident.

My son-in-law hurt himself yesterday, so badly, he had to go to the emergency room and get stitches in his thumb. He will be fine, but it's scary none-the-less.

I woke up last night and couldn't go back to sleep. So I read, Dean Koontz something. About a little boy, something with eyes. I had to put it aside, I really don't like scary things. I picked up a book on the quilting series, and that lulled me back into a relaxed frame of mind, and I went back to sleep.

I loved St. King, loved his writing, but got so over it. I know exactly when it happened, I read his co-written book with P. Straub, something ... house.. and was so outraged at the violence, which felt so contrived, which normally it doesn't in S.King books, but I didn't even finish it. I still think he is an awesome writer, no one better to describe a given situation, but the stories lost their momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment