Translate

May 27, 2011

Memorial Day

Ha, summer starts unofficially here in the States this weekend.  Half of the US is on the road to visit the other half.  No kidding.
Of course we'll be joining the ones on the road.  And yes, our trip will take us more than 50 miles from home, more like 120.  And yes, we are going to be lunatics who will start at the height of rush hour, between 4 and 5 o'clock in the afternoon.  Hmm, I don't remember traffic jams on the way out to the sheltered island on holiday weekends, but we must have sat in some.  Considering we need to go around/over New York City....
Oh, well, but to be there!   I remember the smell of the wild roses last Memorial Day weekend.  And we'll see the parade that goes around twice, because it's so small.

I had help cleaning my basement and my garage.  You have no idea how huge that is!  Huge.  If I wanted to, I could even get a car into my garage, after the junk has been taken away!
And I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea I  had this many jelly jars!  I better get cracking making jams and jellies.

And yes, I'm still walking.  In a city these days, part of the time.  With blocks and blocks of houses, but it still feels like suburbia, with tree lined streets, trees that bloomed already and are now green, little gardens in front and back of houses, sidewalks, a pretty park that is being used by early morning walkers or runners.

Next weekend will be a long one, and we are going to our nation's capital.
I will be reporting with photos!

In the meantime, have a great holiday weekend!


1 comment:

  1. WOW, you're going to be busy! How fun that sounds, can't wait to see the pictures. Jam? ummm, send some this way:) I'm too lazy to do all that now. Besides, I don't have a garage to story stuff in anymore :(

    Ok, enjoy the parade, the family time, the drive (carefully) and the roses. If I were closer, I'd walk with you...but enjoy it anyway:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete