Translate

January 10, 2010

Jackson

I had Jackson sleep overnight at my house from Friday to yesterday. 

I called him to  the sliding door to show him the birds feeding.  I forgot about two-year-olds. 
He came to the door, looked at the birds, and let out a yell, and was totally happy when all of the birds disappeared.
Mission accomplished.

I only have him over once in a while, so he (and the others) are pretty much allowed anything they want to do.  I took the chance and hemmed a tablecloth, knowing that he loves machines, pushing buttons, and trying things out.  Whatcha doing?  he wanted to know.  And played with the on-off button, the thread, and watched how the machine worked.  Then he grabbed the scissors.  Since they are sharp, but have rounded tips, we tried them out.  I let him cut paper (helping), ribbon and a bit of fabric.  When he was satisfied, I put the scissors away.
He wrestled with me - he started it!  and he giggled. 

His mother came around noon to pick him up.  We went shopping together, and he fell asleep on the way to drop me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment