Translate

June 22, 2009

Upstate

Upstate is where we were this weekend. Upstate NY, that is. For anyone not from the tri-state area (NJ, NY, CT), I imagine 'upstate' is a term you can't do much with. Upstate in my case was Windham, in the northern part of the Catskills. Gorgeous, beautiful area. Amazing, scenic, wonderful, reminds me of home, green, forests, mountains, and gossip in the small towns. We were only there from Friday night until Sunday, and yes, found out all the gossip about all the people we know there.

I had a great time with Jackson, my two-year old grandson. We visited the two horses, which are boarded in the barn close by, and Bobby, the bloodhound/beagle mix, came along with us. It seemed that it was only fun for Jackson with Bobby, his story later was 'Bobby bark horses!' And he kept calling her over to look at the horses. Bobby drank water from the puddle, which was another amazing thing to him, he announced: 'Bobby drink puddle!' One forgets how cute two-year-olds can be, and is then quickly reminded, on how whiny and unreasonable they can be too!

On the way back we stopped here:
http://www.lawrencefarmsorchards.com/
and picked strawberries. What a beautiful spot! I picked 5 lbs. of strawberries, came home, and looked for the supplies to make jam. Not that easy... seems like not many folks make their own jam or jelly anymore. And it's so easy! And good!
Anyway, it took me no time at all to make 8 jars of strawberry jam.
And still I haven't taken the time to load pictures of the bags I make, talked about the quilt I really, really do want to make....
I will!

1 comment:

  1. Wie wundervoll, von der Ostküste der USA Grüsse zu bekommen! Vielen Dank für deinen lieben Kommentar!
    Sehr interessant, bei dir zu lesen! Und ich freu mich schon auf die Bilder ;-)
    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
    Doris

    ReplyDelete