Translate

May 4, 2013

Green, green and more green

The week was  busy, and passed quickly.  I'm working on quilts for birthdays, and I am having a lot of fun with that.
I still haven't taken a photo of them with my camera, I'm using the iPad and the phone, but I can't add them to the blog from there.
Today we went hiking again.  To Pyramid Mountain, which is just a few miles from the house.  We are surrounded by woods, large forests all around, nature preserves, with houses nestled in the woods.
Compared to last weekend, look how green the forest is!  Amazing, the light green popped up and is so fresh and .... green.

Ferns... and below skunk cabbage.  
No idea why it's called that, supposedly it stinks when disturbed or pulled up.
I didn't want to try.
And violets and moss

And of course uphill.
No hike would be complete without an uphill battle.
A white dogwood, all by itself on the mountain.

Below workers on the electrical tower.
Part of the trails were closed because of the work on the towers.

Look how close we got the worker on the tower, and see below in the photo is
where we were standing and zoomed in on the workers on the tower.
View from above
And a wild columbine

Dogwood blooms 

And below a little flower, I think an Anemone, a different kind then I'm used to.


Tomorrow we're hoping to go to High Point State Park, I haven't been there for a hike before, and I actually never stopped there either, I just drove over the mountain, thinking I'll have to come back sometime.
I will report back!

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Ruth,
    wie schön, dass ihr so gut zu Fuß seid.
    Das könnte ich zur Zeit nicht schaffen.
    Ich bewundere euch beide, dass ihr solche tollen Touren unternehmen könnt.
    Stimmt, wenn diese Strommasten bearbeite werden, sind sie weit herum abgesperrt.
    Tolle Fotos hast du mitgebracht.
    Liebe Grüße Bärbel

    ReplyDelete