Translate

June 23, 2011

Humid, damp, end of June

The end of June?!  I can't believe it.  How time flies.  I haven't been home for a couple of weekends, and I won't be this coming weekend either.  My poor neglected abode!  But it still seems homey, everything works, and it is as if the house is saying hello when I walk in the door.

Last weekend was to support someone, and be there.  This coming weekend will be to celebrate one more birthday, the entire family will be together for that one (just worked out that way).  It'll be fun, and noisy, and crowded, and probably hot, but no matter, we'll be together.

I've been working on skirts, now I made my own pattern, just four pieces, elastic on the top, a hem, and it's done.  The pattern piece is cut on the bias, so it falls nicer.  In one skirt I added a side pocket.
Now I have to decide if I'm brave enough to wear it.  And it seems so simple, that it's hardly worth showing (although I will get over that).

I owe two babies a teddy bear, and I will get going on that.


1 comment:

  1. Dang time and it's wings....

    Weekends have been busy here too but not hardly as fun as yours:)

    SHOW THE SKIRT!!!

    My computer is being obnoxious so I may be awol for awhile....

    But we won't lose each other...ever!

    Enjoy your family get together, I will be in Colorado for one myself next month:)

    XOX

    ReplyDelete