September 4, 2013

What do you do all day

Frau Brüllen wants to know what I do all day, the first Wednesday of the month.  And as soon as I figure out how to link, I'll show you.
My day started early, I woke up for good at 4 am.  Which is nothing new, I haven't slept until later morning in a long time.
 We had coffee in bed at five, while watching the news.  Got up at 6 or so, took a shower and wandered in the kitchen, where I made coffee to go and a thermos for work.  We left the house at 6:45, and joined everyone going east for two exits, when I remembered I forgot my phone.  Having retrieved it, back on the highway for our 27 mile trip to work.  First order of the day is to fold back the plastic covering the tables, the roof leaks when it rains, and we don't need the material to get wet.

We started right in with work, I made - sewed - operator belts, a customer ordered 50.  When done with those I drove 30 plus miles to my supplier, to pick up 300 yards of canton flannel, which need to be cut, and one side of the three sided part has to go to the printer before we can start putting it together.  The cutting is planned for tomorrow, layers of fabric are pulled on the cutting table and then cut with a fabric cutting machine.
Came back, and we had lunch.  Delicious ham salad on whole wheat bread, I love the sandwiches Michael makes!
Unloading the 6 rolls of fabric and storing them took up time after lunch.  I paid the rent for the month, we put over 50 bags Michael had made into plastic bags, counted them, and put 100 of those plus the operator belts in the car, covered the tables, and on the way home made the delivery.
 Then home, and I didn't realize how concentrated I worked all day until I walked into the house.  We relaxed for a bit, then I played with the Christmas quilt I'm making for Jessica.  Tv in between, Michael made dinner, delicious again, I cleaned the kitchen, and I'm finishing this post now.  Then shower, and bed by 9:30.

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Ruth, sorry, dass ich so lange nicht hier war. Wir sind 60 km weit weggezogen ins Münsterland. Da gibt es noch vieles zu tun.
    Vor allem jede Woche einmal in die alte Wohnung, am liebsten am Mittwoch, dann habe ich meist einen Termin beim Physio-Therapeuten, Räumen in der alten Wohnung, Sortieren, was wo hinkommen soll. Und dann abends noch Chorprobe.

    Dein Tag ist ja auch schön voll. Aber dass das Dach undicht ist, meine Güte. das ist aber komisch. Da gibt es keine Abhilfe?
    Ihr arbeitet beide in der Firma? Verstehe ich das richtig?
    Wie schön, dass Michael so gut kochen kann, und dich versorgt. Schön, dass du "nur" die Küche saubermachen musst.
    Ganz liebe Grüße Bärbel