Translate

September 15, 2013

Quilts and week

When we went to the Adirondacks, we stopped for one night in Windham.  We hiked for a bit in the Encarpment trail, which was fixed, the bridge over the stream restored and it looked like the trail was well used.  Anyway, in the closet in Windkam I found this quilt:
I guess I will have to take a photo of the whole thing, I'm just showing the bit I'm fixing.  It looks like a quilt... I'm guessing from the 30s or 40s.  I took the forgotten quilt home with me, and I'm fixing it.  It has some worn spots in it, the quilt experts who warn against folding quilts on the same spot are right, it wears out a quilt.  I tore apart an older pillow case to coma as close as I could to the white.  
Lovely, I'm so thrilled to have something that lovely in my hands.  And the story behind it?  No clue.  No label, nothing embroidered.  
Below is the quilt on the bed.  You can't even see the fixed areas.  
Other than that?  Just a normal work week, waking up around five, and out of the house before seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment