Translate

December 5, 2012

Advent time

Busy time of year.  Back in the real world, working, thankfully it's not extremely busy and I'm feeling on top of it, and getting things out in a timely fashion.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get a t-shirt quilt done for Matthew, and Michael helped a lot yesterday in deciding how large the t-shirt  squares are going to be, based on the smallest shirt.  That was a big help, since I was going with - oh, maybe I'll make them different sizes, and then add binding to make it fit....  better they all be one size and done.

We went to UPS yesterday to send off some packages for customers, and found a box left outside the store (the store is in - to put it quite frankly- pretty bad neighborhood). The box was wet from the rain - it obviously had been there quite some time.  Michael kicked the box, and found it contained something, wasn't just empty, and opened it.  In it was a stereo system!  We loaded it into the car, figuring we have nothing to lose.  Yup, a working system, slightly used, not perfect sound, but great for the shop!  It replaces a horrible little radio that kept losing our favorite station.

At home I was rummaging around in the storage area, looking for something.  While down there, I decided to look through some stash of fabric in a bin, and found a finished quilt top I had made, oh, probably 15 plus years ago.  When I wanted to quilt, had the somewhat know-how of patching a top together, but chickened out on the quilting.  Well, that's going to happen now.  It's a log cabin quilt, which always fascinated me, with the light and dark contrast. Hm, can't finish it now, I have to work on Matthew's Christmas present!  After that, sure!
Never did find what I was looking for....  but got rid of a container full wool that I had been keeping for I don't know how long, since been found by mice - yuck, good riddance!


..... Much later - ----- new grandson arrived!  Andrew James, 8 lbs, 2 ounces!
Mother and baby are fine!



2 comments:

  1. Herzliche Glückwünsche, das Baby ist da, wie schön, und hoffentlich beide gesund.
    Ein kräftiger Bursche. Fast ein Nikolaus, lach.
    Du hast ja ordentlich zu tun für Weihnachten.
    Viel Erfolg dabei ♥
    deine Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratuliere zum neuen Enkelchen. Und alles Gute den Eltern.

    Liebe Grüße, Ruthy

    ReplyDelete