Translate

August 30, 2009

Grandmother's Flower Garden

i worked on that quilt today and yesterday. I had bought it for $10 at a garage sale, but it was unfinished. All the 'flowers' where done, and the surround to each flower, which connected the 'quilt' I, in my ignorance, thought it would be a piece of cake to finish this quilt. Well, no. I had started right after I bought it, oh, more than 11 years ago, but then got disgusted and gave up.
I've been reading on other blogs about the English paper piecing method - on posiegetscozy.com - and I decided to get it done. I worked on it all day yesterday, and a good part of today. No, not done yet, but the holes in between the flowers are disappearing, and I am getting hopeful that it will get finished.

I just don't know how to do the backing... Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment