December 13, 2013


It's been ages since I wrote the last time!  Busy.  We moved the business into this gorgeous (in comparison to the old one) building, and are truly happy here.

We hosted Thanksgiving - sorry, no photos - and were busy getting ready for that.  We had a wonderful time, we had 14 people including us.  The kids had a good time, I had white tablecloths on the table, and after dinner I got out indelible markers and let everyone lose writing and drawing on the tablecloths.  The original idea was to embroider peoples signatures, which I had envisioned was the only thing, but the kids had such a good time that I couldn't just request a signature.  You draw whatever you want!  And they did.  I was thinking of getting fabric paint and painting over the drawings, since I ended up mixing washable and indelible markers, but oh, well, another project.

I almost finished a quilt for Jackson, he requested a 'blanket' with airplanes, and I finished another doll quilt, which is going out in a package today.
We hiked, enjoyed the fall and the outdoors, and loved every minute of it.  My brother visited during this week, he had a business trip to the States, close by, and we got to see him on three of the nights - actually all of them!  It was great!

Andrew turned one, and had a stellar birthday party, where he got his quilt, the one that started it all.

He started walking, he has 8 teeth and is a hefty adorable 'baby'/toddler.  On his party he fully walked, he had had a double ear infection, and finally felt better on his birthday.
My son visited the Friday after Thanksgiving for an overnight visit with his dogs, we took him hiking to the Hawk Watch, to give the dogs some exercise before going for a 4 plus hour ride home.

Jessica and Matthew got a dog, a tiny little Yorkie, just one pound when they picked it up.  Jessica had been hounding her parents for years for a dog, but because of Jim's allergies it was a no go.  Finally Jessica's parents relented, after Jessica stalked the neighbors dogs, was waiting outside all the time to see them.  So the day after Thanksgiving Jessica's parents took the kids to the home of the puppy pretending it was a visit to a college friend, and surprised them with Zoey.

Since the dog has almost doubled in size (still the littlest dog I've ever met), and she is adorable and personable and gets so excited and happy.
What else?  Oh, we had visitors from Alabama, Michael's nephew and wife and four sons, it was fun!  We had a good time with them, and did a marathon sight seeing session on one day with them in lower Manhattan, we had to skip a second day, because Michael's car got a smashed rear window because a rock fell from the bridge it was standing under while being parked there.  But it's all good again.

Some more photos of the birthday boy, his brother Evan, and the birthday cake.  No, not home-made, home bought.
And I forgot to take pictures of my 'tacky' (as my brother declared it) Christmas tree.  Don't worry, I know he loves me!


  1. Liebe Ruth,
    danke für diesen Bericht, bei euch ist ja immer was los.
    Für das neue Jahr 2014 wünsche ich dir und allen deinen Lieben alles, alles Gute, Glück, Freude und Frieden für uns alle ♥ ♫ ♥
    Ich vermute, euer Weihnachten war wunderbar, mit den Enkeln und Kindern.
    Ganz liebe Grüße - nach viel zu langer Zeit mal wieder - von deiner Bärbel

  2. Hi Ruth, thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog. Ich schau auch hin und wieder bei dir rein, ohne Spuren zu hinterlassen :)
    So nice to get a glimpse of someone's life - especially in exotic places like New Jersey!